• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Can I switch Microsoft Office from one PC to another

Started by Racer47, Friday Jan 26, 2007, 11:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Racer47

I have a new PC without Microsoft Office. My old one has Office XP 2002 version. Can I install this on my new pc or will I end up with license problems. I'll buy a new version if I have to but would rather not pay more money for something I already own. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Gregg Lengling

Quote from: Racer47;37260I have a new PC without Microsoft Office. My old one has Office XP 2002 version. Can I install this on my new pc or will I end up with license problems. I'll buy a new version if I have to but would rather not pay more money for something I already own. Thanks in advance for any advice.
No problem at all, I've done it and it registered and worked just fine.  I just did this a few weeks ago as I replaced one of my computers and now have it on this 'puter, Microsoft's site just rolled right along and then I went to updates to update it to the current upgrades as the CD was a number of years old.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

smack

I believe, although I am not 100% sure that the newer MS applications require an activation key, and that key code can only be used 3 or 4 times.  

So you should be able to put it on the new pc without a problem, but if you start giving it to friends they will not be able to activate it indefinitely.

Racer47