• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

NFL Network Plots Super Bowl Coverage

Started by Gregg Lengling, Thursday Jan 25, 2007, 03:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg Lengling

Game Itself Won't Be in HD, but Trimmings Will Be
During the Television Critics Association's press tour earlier this month, reporters asked CBS Sports executives why they were airing six hours of pre-game Super Bowl coverage. "Isn't that excessive?" reporters asked. The NFL Network, however, has Super Bowl coverage plans that not only easily overshadow those of CBS, but just might set a record for the number of hours dedicated in advance to covering a single football game

http://www.tvweek.com/page.cms?pageId=521

Boy this doesn't make any sense at all....WTF!:confused:
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

LoadStar

Sub-head must've been changed sometime after you posted, because CBS will indeed be carrying the game in HD.

Gregg Lengling

Quote from: LoadStar;37250Sub-head must've been changed sometime after you posted, because CBS will indeed be carrying the game in HD.
I don't read anything in the article that says CBS isn't carrying the game, just that the pregame "Crap" on NFLNetwork is supposed to overshadow it.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI

LoadStar

Quote from: Gregg Lengling;37251I don't read anything in the article that says CBS isn't carrying the game, just that the pregame "Crap" on NFLNetwork is supposed to overshadow it.

I was referring to the subhead you copied - "Game Itself Won't Be in HD, but Trimmings Will Be".  This heading was apparently changed to read "Super Bowl Trimmings Served Up in High Definition." The original heading suggests that the game would not be broadcast at all in HD, which is not accurate.

Gregg Lengling

Quote from: LoadStar;37252I was referring to the subhead you copied - "Game Itself Won't Be in HD, but Trimmings Will Be".  This heading was apparently changed to read "Super Bowl Trimmings Served Up in High Definition." The original heading suggests that the game would not be broadcast at all in HD, which is not accurate.
They are talking about on the NFLNetwork, apparently the game on that network will be in SD, I know it doesn't make sense but that's what it sounds like.  Sounds like CBS pulled some strings so they would be the sole outlet for the game itself in HD.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI

JohnRacine

For those who can receive WLS channel 7.1 from Chicago, after the super bowl is over, tune in to watch the post game coverage from Chicago, all in HD.  When the Bears won the NFC game last week, all post game coverage was in HD.  Even the remotes from the local bars, the parking lots outside Soldier Field, the locker room, and from Chopper 7HD were all broadcast in Hi Def (no more black bars).  It really was neat to watch the hour long post game show from Chicago.  Since WLS 7.1 has gone 100% HD for local news, weather and sports, that's the only channel that we now watch at 10pm.  Whether you are a Bear fan or not, it's so nice to see all the coverage in HD.