News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Sony LCD Warranty -- Need Advice

Started by K10, Sunday Dec 17, 2006, 12:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K10

i bought a sony lcd from best buy, and out of the box there was impact damage to the screen but with no damage to the box. best buy wouldn't take it back until they go through sony & their corporate. the worst case scenario is that they don't take it back and i'm stuck with a 2K lemon. can they do that?

Gregg Lengling

If there is no apparent damage to the box and you picked the product up at their store you may be in trouble.  They'll try to blame the damage on you unless you can show some sort of damage to the packaging.  I used to work for a store that sold flat panels (Colders in Grafton, I was the store manager) and we required our warehouse people to open all products for the customer to inspect before they signed for them and left the building.  And many times we did find hidden damage.

Just a Buyer Beware type situation...always inspect.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Bebop

If you used a credit card, contact them about your situation.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

K10

Quote from: Gregg Lengling;36611If there is no apparent damage to the box and you picked the product up at their store you may be in trouble.  They'll try to blame the damage on you unless you can show some sort of damage to the packaging.  I used to work for a store that sold flat panels (Colders in Grafton, I was the store manager) and we required our warehouse people to open all products for the customer to inspect before they signed for them and left the building.  And many times we did find hidden damage.

Just a Buyer Beware type situation...always inspect.

unfortunately, they don't do that at bestbuy.  they just get the box for the customer and haul it out for them.