News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Is NBC HD suffering from pixellation?

Started by Movin2Milwaukee, Saturday Dec 16, 2006, 01:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Movin2Milwaukee

I have a new Samsung LCD and watching "The Office" on NBC HD over TWC produced a lot of pixellating and macroblocking, even with motion that wasn't very quick.

Does anyone else see probs with pixellating on NBC HD?

tencom

Quote from: Movin2Milwaukee;36595I have a new Samsung LCD and watching "The Office" on NBC HD over TWC produced a lot of pixellating and macroblocking, even with motion that wasn't very quick.

Does anyone else see probs with pixellating on NBC HD?

Ever since they added channel 4.1, to there video stream they had macroblocking during motion  sequences. This is most likely caused by  "motion vectors" that either is not within ATSC standards, or the result of the video decoder   within the receiver,  not able to Accommodate the motion vectors. Bringing this problem to channel 4s engineering attention has resulted in no conclusion, were the fault lies. They don't seem to be very cooperative on this issue.
  However on TWC they seem to correct for the macroblock break-up that plagues the OTA  signal but maybe it affects some decoders on QAM cable

Movin2Milwaukee

Quote from: tencom;36598Ever since they added channel 4.1, to there video stream they had macroblocking during motion  sequences. This is most likely caused by  "motion vectors" that either is not within ATSC standards, or the result of the video decoder   within the receiver,  not able to Accommodate the motion vectors. Bringing this problem to channel 4s engineering attention has resulted in no conclusion, were the fault lies. They don't seem to be very cooperative on this issue.
  However on TWC they seem to correct for the macroblock break-up that plagues the OTA  signal but maybe it affects some decoders on QAM cable

Ok cool...as long as the problem is not with my LCD tv...I was worried that it was that. I know LCD tv's don't do great with fast motion so I am sure it doesn't help matters.