News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Fox 6 HD Signal Problems?

Started by Tom Snyder, Sunday Dec 10, 2006, 12:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Snyder

Any one else experiencing a really bad signal on 6-1?

Doing a signal strength test, and while everyone else is giving me between 65-85, 6-1 is only shooting low teens, an intermittent 30 at best, and dropping to 0 every few seconds...

Hope it gets better by kickoff. :(
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Jimboy

Quote from: Tom Snyder;36455Any one else experiencing a really bad signal on 6-1?

Doing a signal strength test, and while everyone else is giving me between 65-85, 6-1 is only shooting low teens, an intermittent 30 at best, and dropping to 0 every few seconds...

Hope it gets better by kickoff. :(

Normal levels (99%) here in the OC (Oak Creek)

Tom Snyder

You guys to the south got a good signal down there when they were on their reduced power set up at the studios before they went full-power on the main tower. Is it possible that they're on the backup?
Tom Snyder

AndrewP

Can't tell, watching NYG-Ar on WFLD Fox HD from ChicagoGlug2

SRW1000

I didn't notice any signal problems up here during the Fox Pregame Show today.

Scott

Jimboy

Quote from: Tom Snyder;36459You guys to the south got a good signal down there when they were on their reduced power set up at the studios before they went full-power on the main tower. Is it possible that they're on the backup?

I never received them when they were originating from the studio and I doubt they have a backup.

How is your reception of channel 61 (18-1)?
What are you using for an antenna?

Tom Snyder

Ah.. I spoke too soon about being able to get great signal strength for everyone else.. 18-1 is another MIA... even weaker than 6-1.

Using the same trusty Radio Shack Double Bowtie that got me 90+ on everyone just  7 miles further south.
Tom Snyder

Gregg Lengling

Quote from: Tom Snyder;36466Ah.. I spoke too soon about being able to get great signal strength for everyone else.. 18-1 is another MIA... even weaker than 6-1.

Using the same trusty Radio Shack Double Bowtie that got me 90+ on everyone just  7 miles further south.

Better fix that before the 21st
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Tom Snyder

Don't need to... I get the NFL Network. :)  

I do have to figure out something before next Sunday as I'm having some friends over for that game...

What's so odd about this, is that the Fox games have all been fine all season. Not sure why today it decided to totally poop out.
Tom Snyder

Gregg Lengling

Quote from: Tom Snyder;36468Don't need to... I get the NFL Network. :)  

I do have to figure out something before next Sunday as I'm having some friends over for that game...

What's so odd about this, is that the Fox games have all been fine all season. Not sure why today it decided to totally poop out.
Maybe the idiots decided to hang a dummy from their antenna!:rofl:
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Jimboy

Quote from: Tom Snyder;36466Ah.. I spoke too soon about being able to get great signal strength for everyone else.. 18-1 is another MIA... even weaker than 6-1.

Location, location, location. Stick the double bow tie outside and up high, or just get a real outside antenna.

I will admit there is something funky about the weather today. I lost 24-1, 30-1, 36-1 for a good part of the afternoon (never have before today). My antenna sits inside on one of our living room couches and I really need to get it outside on the roof. I'm waiting for spring, I don't feel like falling off of the roof.

Tom Snyder

That IS odd, cuz 36 and 30 both are coming in great!  

I don't dare do an outside antenna... I know FCC trumps subdivision rules, but we've been battling our developer over so much other stuff that I just don't want to go there.

My antenna sits up on top of our media closet in a vaulted room, so it's the same height as the attic would be in a standard house. And it's on a wall that has full basement exposure to the south as we're on a hill, so it's actually almost two stories up from ground. We're so high that I can't imagine just not having a better signal.  There are woods between us and the towers, but the signal was better when there were leaves. :(
Tom Snyder

Jimboy

If the backside of your house faces south you could try a Channelmaster 4228 mounted upside down from the eave/soffit.  Try it inside first. Just a thought.