News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

D* problems

Started by jf3233, Monday Dec 04, 2006, 08:38:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jf3233

I recently had some of my main channels go out or are heavily pixalated. Whats somewhat odd is that there is no pattern. I thought maybe one of the lnb's but the channels out are scatered all over. For instance all the hd channels except one come in but standard channels like H&G, comedy central etc are out. Any ideas-could it be a bad MS or sound more like a LNB.

smack

I have the same problem on my upstairs box.  I thought it might be a bad cable, because when I move the cable they come in.  However, when I change channels and go back it is out again and I must move the cable again.  

So I put in new cable from wall to box and it still happens.  I now think it may be the input on the receiver.  So I just haven't done anything yet as I am getting an HD set for the bedroom and possibly a new D* box.  (possibly TWC not sure yet)  Food network is the one channel I know has this problem for me as well as some others but I cant recall which channel numbers.

It could also be the simple answer and have it be snow on the dish depending upon how long ago it started for you.

Blitzburgh

Check the signal meters and make sure you have a good signal on the corresponding transponders for the channels you are having problems with.