• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Blackberry

Started by smack, Thursday Dec 07, 2006, 06:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smack

Does anyone have one, if so how do you like it?

Looking at us cellular 8703e and hopefully EVDO service when/if it becomes available.

Doug Mohr

Quote from: smack;36397Does anyone have one, if so how do you like it?

Looking at us cellular 8703e and hopefully EVDO service when/if it becomes available.

I have the new Cingular 8525. slide out keyboard, runs windows mobile. Takes a 4gb memory card.

The thing I hate about Blackberry is its Email system. with windows mobile, you just use pocket outlook and it is everything that you have at your desktop and it doesn't require any special software, it just connects to your Exchange server over the internet.

The 2MP camera with LED flash doesn't take a bad picture either.

I'm taking it on its first flight next week so we'll see how the media player works, I have a few movies I've loaded onto it and I'm ready to go :)

Doug

Talos4

I have a Nextel 7100i.

Being a Nextel it does lack some of the bells and whistles of some of the other phones out there.

But, I already have a 4 megapixel camera and a portable DVD player.

E-mail is simple to set up, I have two accounts on my phone.  

The "Sure-type" takes a little getting used to and the phone will learn your typing habits and common spellings.

I don't use the PIN or SMS messages, no real need to.  I have used the Multimedia messaging and it works pretty well.

I have yet to find an attachment that won't open such as spreadsheets, word docs, PDF's.  

The new software upgrade that came out last month greatly increased the functionality of the phone and it's now capable of using Wav files for ringers and notifications (it is a Nextel afterall).

Despite the criticism's of Sprint/Nextel's coverage,  for the past six years I've had a little trouble with other Nextel phones.  The 7100i has yet to drop a call or miss a message.

I have a pocket PC that's been sitting in it's cradle since I got this phone.

krauts

I am lucky to work at a company that lives and dies by the Blackberry. I have worked my way up from the first 957, to a 6280, 7100G and now a 8700C through Cingular.  The 8700 is pretty slick. Web surfing is faster than previous models with the edge network. I gladly updated to this model from the 7100G which was a slimline more of a cell phone model. I would recommend to anyone to stick with a regular blackberry and not one of the slim phone models that share two letters on one key.