• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TWC signs carriage agreement for MHD

Started by wireblsam, Monday Dec 11, 2006, 11:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wireblsam

Replacement for INHD2???

http://www.tvpredictions.com/timemhd121106.htm

Washington, D.C. (December 11, 2006) -- Time Warner has announced that it's adding MHD, the High-Definition TV channel from MTV.

The launch is part of a new carriage agreement between the cable operator and the Viacom-owned MTV Networks.

MHD, a 24-hour HDTV channel, features music videos and concerts in high-def. The channel, which debuted last January, is available on some cable systems including Comcast and Cox. But the addition of Time Warner is a big boost for the new network.

"This agreement reflects the resonance our highly targeted multi-platform brands have with the devoted niche audiences they serve," said Nicole Browning, President, Affiliate Sales and Marketing, MTV Networks and BET.

"Our agreement with MTVN...permit us to offer customers additional, diverse programming choices and align channel line-ups, especially among those systems we recently acquired from Adelphia and Comcast," said Fred Dressler, TW's executive vice president for programming.

MHD is not available on DIRECTV or EchoStar's Dish Network.

Hmmm. wouldn't the statement in bold also apply to channels like NFL Network????

klwillis45

Crap, crap, crap. The front page read TWC signs carriage agreement...  I was really hoping that was follwed by NFL network. Even ESPN2 HD would be better than the dreck we'll get on MHD. While more HD channels are always welcome I was hoping for something else.

jrowland96

Can't say I'm thrilled with MTV either...  woo hoo... the sniveling brats from the Real World in HD...  

Glad to have any HD stuff get added, but I'd much prefer ESPN2, or National Geographic HD.