• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Programming HR10-250 Remote for New Receiver

Started by Tom Snyder, Saturday Nov 25, 2006, 11:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Snyder

Got a new Sony AV receiver. Trying to get the HR-10-250 remote to learn the volume codes, but none of the codes that DirecTV provides in its program work.

Is there a way to get the remote to learn the codes directly from the Sony remote?
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Tom Snyder

Yeah...the manual has this bit of bad news:

Unfortunately, due to the great variety of TVs and A/V receivers, some makes and
models are not compatible with your HD DVR's remote control. If you reach the end
of the available codes without finding a code that works with your device, you will
need to use your TV or A/V receiver's remote to turn it on and off, and control the
volume.

Thus my hope that there would be a way for it to learn the codes...
Tom Snyder

Tom Snyder

You may be right. I have a Pronto TSU2000, and while it is awesome, I have to see the screen it to use it. I can work a button remote without having to look at it.
Tom Snyder

steve053

Gregg Lengling

Or just screw around like I do...I use my Tungsten C.  The only drawback is that the IR output is pretty weak and you do have to be in the normal viewing position.
Nice thing is I can read codes from the remotes and put them in the Palm so I don't have to look them up or try try try try again.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}