• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

A&E HD's Stealth Launch

Started by Gregg Lengling, Thursday Oct 19, 2006, 04:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg Lengling

Simulcast Net Launched on Labor Day, So Where Is It?
A&E HD exists, but the network has been awfully quiet. The company announced the simulcast channel in April and touted a Labor Day debut, then ... that's about it. No more press releases and nary a mention of an HD channel on the network's Web site.

http://www.tvweek.com/page.cms?pageId=341
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

LoadStar

Mmm... wow... more upconverted, stretched content. Color me excited.

Too bad TV's don't have an "unstretch" mode... would be nice, probably would make some of this stuff look halfway decent.

gparris

This HD channel is/has been added to some Cox and Brighthouse/TWC locations recently.
My take is, what the heck, it's SOMETHING in HD for channels that has been added.
Comcast has added more HD channels recently than any other cable provider in recent years -  note the posting in avsforum about Detroit Comcast...probably Chicago, next.

We are going to get wacked with a $2 DigiPic price increase in January billings for 2007 and nothing is added for HD (big surprise).:(

Today, I just got my new December TWC cable bill and there is a notice in it that the INHD2 channel will be going away and of course, NOTHING IS REPLACING IT!

Nice going, TWC! :mad: