• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Any XP gurus out there

Started by Gregg Lengling, Wednesday Nov 15, 2006, 08:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg Lengling

I've got a strange problem with one computer...here's what I have:
1.8gig p4 with 512m ram running XP Home SP2.

In ODBC since (at least that's when I noticed it) I loaded SQL the only driver showing in my list is "SQL Native Driver" all the other ones are gone.  They are all there in the directories where they belong but I don't know how to get them back into the system and I need them for an application that uses the Access format of them.

Any help out there.
:Smash: :Smash: :Smash:
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Gregg Lengling

Quote from: Gregg Lengling;35969I've got a strange problem with one computer...here's what I have:
1.8gig p4 with 512m ram running XP Home SP2.

In ODBC since (at least that's when I noticed it) I loaded SQL the only driver showing in my list is "SQL Native Driver" all the other ones are gone.  They are all there in the directories where they belong but I don't know how to get them back into the system and I need them for an application that uses the Access format of them.

Any help out there.
:Smash: :Smash: :Smash:
Success, I went into the registry and found that MSSQL had screwed up the registry.  There are only 2 ways to get the drivers back...#1 do a restore....screw this too much has changed on my system since this problem.
#2 which worked wonderfully.  Export the registry for the ODBC from a working system (using same OS and SP) and then import it.  Took me all of 1 minute to export to a file on my laptop and then import it via my network.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

flash

Glad I could help you out Gregg. :rofl: