• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Sa Hd 8300

Started by flash, Tuesday Oct 24, 2006, 07:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flash

Has anyone else had any problems when the DVR records shows SOOOO pixelated you can't even watch them?!?!?!?
It happens mostly on the analog channels like 12 etc......
My wife is getting upset because her Orca (Oprah) and ET her recorded shows are all pixelated!
and I was wondering if others were having issues.
My DVR is a pretty enclosed space but I didn't have these issues with the older model. This just started happening a few days ago and it isn't consistent.

Gregg Lengling

I  record a lot of SD programming for my wife and myself (lot's of SciFi) and have Zero problems.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

flash

Quote from: Gregg Lengling;35529I  record a lot of SD programming for my wife and myself (lot's of SciFi) and have Zero problems.
SciFi is almost everything I record like Dr. Who, Battlestar Galactica, SG1, SGA etc..
It figures that the only issues are her shows.:rolleyes:

I'm thinking the DVR may have some overheating issues so I may either move it or (sigh) put a fan on it.

Maybe I just have a male cheavanist DVR and it doesn't like shows like Orca! :rofl:

krauts

I was having the same problems with my 8300. I called TW and they replaced my box with a new one and I haven't had the problem since.

shimmer11

I too have been experiencing the pixelating, but most of the time it is with the HD channels.  I am considering replacing the box due to the fact that is was one of the first boxes out there.

-Andy

flash

I had the DVR shut off all day and when it started to record her Oprah show on channel 12, I turned the tv on and noticed that it was totally pixelated. I stopped
the recording on 12 and switched it to 512 (HD) and it worked just fine. It sure seems odd that the tuner only has problems with certain channels.

flash

I returned my 8300 today and they gave me a brandy new one and so far no problems.

A few friends of mine have had issues with their HD DVR's dying also so I'm not surprised.

LoadStar

Same thing happened to me as well. I just returned my box for a brand new one (still in the original SciAtl cardboard box) and we'll see what happens.

FiberOptic

Weird, but it seems all of sudden I have been having some big problems with this on the HD channels.  Well at least I have a course of action.  Thx