• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Vote early and vote often...

Started by mhz40, Tuesday Nov 07, 2006, 05:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhz40

...and may the best liars win.  :hug:

Mark Strube

I'll say this... I wish there were more 3rd parties on the ballot, and I wish people weren't so afraid to vote for them.

markd

Quote from: Mark Strube;35806I'll say this... I wish there were more 3rd parties on the ballot, and I wish people weren't so afraid to vote for them.

I agree with you.  We'll get there one day.  More choices can't be a bad thing.  I do almost regret my Nader vote though.

Doug Mohr

I can't honestly say I liked any of the candidates above a mild toleration. Stiil, I am dissapointed in many of the results:bang:

I think the only way to get real candidates is to dump the parties all together and just have people run.

StarvingForHDTV

Quote from: Doug Mohr;35811I think the only way to get real candidates is to dump the parties all together and just have people run.

Even then, big money interests (large corporations:co1:  and organized crime{shoot in ) would push the "right" people through the system to the top.

jkane

The way the referendums were worded, I wish there were twice as many so we could prove how illiterate people are.   They need to have one that said the opposite and see if everyone voted opposite, or misunderstood both versions!

Better yet, here's a couple for next spring:

Should we declare war on Michigan, invade the UP, and annex it?
Should we build a fence on our border with Illinois to keep the FIBS out?

Now there are 2 referen"dumb"s everyone should understand the real intent of.  :rolleyes:

I like to vote for the third party whenever possible.  Especially this year when the candidates all were not worth voting for.  Of course, the "Green" party is not one that I think has anyone's best interest in mind!  Maybe I should run next election.  Beer for everyone!  Glug2

Mark Strube

I don't want to get too political here, and one of the admins can go ahead and erase this if it is.

The whole election this year really bothered me. The two major "referendums" in my opinion were decisions neither the public nor the government have any business making in the first place - yet all the news covers is "both sides" instead of even considering this. And the cadidates, well.... the "Republicrats" as I call them are two sides of the same, very thin coin. Wisconsin is becoming a bad, bad place for a principled Libertarian like myself.
:bang:

Gregg Lengling

Okay enough election is over, this is a HDTV site not a PAC...so thread closed.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}