News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

CBS 58 OTA Signal Problems 11/2/06

Started by SRW1000, Thursday Nov 02, 2006, 07:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRW1000

Is anyone else noticing problems with 58's signal tonight?

All during Survivor, there were breakups, pixelization, and chirping from my speakers.

I don't think it's a reception issue, since the signal strength was in the 90s, and my SNR was averaging 30+.

Scott

mhz40

Same issues on cable, which also picks up CBS HD OTA.  RF interference from across the lake?
If their 2nd mpeg feed (58-2 WMLW) is clean, I would suspect local reception or encoding problems at WDJT.  If both mpeg feeds are bad, it could be from many possible sources; from multiplexer to transmitter issues.

steve053

Had the same problems last night with TWC in HD ch 505.  The channel froze for 3+ seconds during CSI, then I switched to ch 5.

murdoc

I had breakups watching CSI OTA as well.

vegasvic

Me too.  Also had problems with Channel 4's surround audio on Earl (again).

GBK

Quote from: SRW1000;35704Is anyone else noticing problems with 58's signal tonight?

All during Survivor, there were breakups, pixelization, and chirping from my speakers.

I don't think it's a reception issue, since the signal strength was in the 90s, and my SNR was averaging 30+.

Scott

It's done that for me the last couple of days.. I've recorded Numb3rs on Friday just had a chance to look and it's pixalating and breaking up like crazy.  btw i'm OTA.

waterhead

I've been noticing breakups on 58.1 for at least a week now. Something must have changed.

Also, I've been recording an occasional David Letterman show, and then compressing it. At first the sound was 5.1 surround, now I noticed that the sound is only two channel. Has anyone else found this? What happened to the 5.1 surround sound?

Paul