• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Halloween Fun

Started by SRW1000, Sunday Oct 29, 2006, 08:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRW1000

This year, I decided to do something special for Halloween.

Since I had an old Infocus X1 projector just laying around, I thought it would be fun to use it this season.  I purchase a DVD called TerrorEyes, and set up a display for my front window.

Here's the result:

It looks pretty cool, since the eyes actually move.  Unfortunately, the village set trick or treat hours from 3:00 to 5:00 this year, so the kids weren't able to see it.  

So, I had a special greeter for them this year:

Anybody else do anything special this year?

Scott

Talos4

Our neighborhood association here in Milwaukee had Trick or Treat Friday night. 6:30-8:30pm.

On the front deck I set up a couple of speakers and a passive sub.  

I had downloaded an excellent thunderstorm and ran that.

Went for a walk during the time, I could hear it 1/2 a block away.  The neighbors had their hearse and grim reaper out (along wth their annual favorite Jello Shots!!).

It took about an hour of them looking around and up at the sky before they figured out it was my house.

The kids were great.  One big thunderclap sent a couple off screaming :D

Of course they came back for the treat!

I had a couple parents ask for a copy.

Next year I gotta get a strobe.

Tom Snyder

In the past, we've always done it up big... lots of decorations, the spooky music/thunderstorm sounds with wireless speakers around the front yard...and we've always been the ones with Jello shot treats for the moms and dads.

This is our first halloween in the new house/neighborhood, and we didn't have the time (or energy) to do the decorations. And unfortunately, we're one of only two houses on our street at the moment, and we figured we wouldn't have any traffic. So we brought our Jello shots over to a friend's house where they did it up big...and we'll go back to the old neighborhood tomorrow night and hand out Jello shots over there for "old times."
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

StarvingForHDTV