• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

AT&T Plans HD Rollout

Started by Gregg Lengling, Thursday Oct 26, 2006, 03:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

murdoc

Quote from: hormy_83;36302Hey I wanted to bring this back up again.  Since TW is taking away our INHD2 and not replacing it I was considering replacing them.  

I heard on the HT Guys pod cast on Friday that a guy in Texas has AT&T's U-Verse and is able to RECORD 4 shows at once and has 4 local HD channels and 24 HD national channels.  There are also 2 more national HD's that he doesn't get - I'm guessing HBO and Cinemax...  But it would be worth considering if all this is true - as the pricing looks a tad bit better than TW - and they give you a ton more HD content.

Even if he was mistaken about recording 4 shows and it is just the fact that they only allow 4 channels to be on at the same time in the same house due to bandwidth it still isn't that bad of a deal.  Anyone else considering U-Verse sometime soon?

If they build it, I will come.

Skipjack

I believe a U-Verse demo is on display at the Cingular Wireless store in Oconomowoc.

Pabst farms, to be more specific.

LoadStar

Quote from: Skipjack;36894I believe a U-Verse demo is on display at the Cingular Wireless store in Oconomowoc.

Pabst farms, to be more specific.

That would figure... I believe that's one of the very few places in the area that actually has U-Verse (or at least is ready for it).

Actually, if I remember correctly, Pabst Farms is all fiber to the home, not fiber to the node - even better, if you can afford the land out that way.

kevbeck122

I hear they're looking at a public release in February.

Bebop

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

NB HD User

I am not sure about the legal case going on, but in New Berlin I am seeing a ton of AT&T trucks in my neighborhood.  They must be close to rolling out quite soon.  It can't come soon enough so I can be rid of Time Warner and their 6 HD channels.