• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

New Home Theatre Store - Magnolia A/V

Started by gparris, Sunday Nov 05, 2006, 08:52:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gparris

While not new, it's going to be new to our area, the Best Buy Magnolia Store is opening soon, if not already in Milwaukeeland.
Today, I visited the store in Gurnee, IL, assuming that, since it had opened some weeks ago it would appear differently than it did upon visiting.
The entry point was not enclosed as in other Magnolia stores I have visited in the country on business trips, as there was no dedicated home theatre area, only a small audio testing area (for speaker selection) and very few HDTV sets to see, for me, a bit too-uncluttered for the hype.
It seemed that the space was poorly used with an inferior layout and displays from what I had seen in the past stores I had visited.
In other words, this store was no Flanner's, in comparison, but it could have been on a smaller scale and they missed the mark on this.
I am hoping this new store in Milwaukee, if open, or about to be, is much better than this in displaying higher-end home theatre and HDTV products...my point.
On the more positive side, the 65" Panasonic 1080p plasma, the 50" 1080p Pioneer Elite plasma, including the 70" SXRD set on display there were amazing and your could purchase higher-end speakers and AVRs like Denon and Pioneer Elite models there vs. the usual Best Buy store fare and see them, too.
So competition is a good thing and I look forward to seeing the Magnolia in Milwaukee or comments from anyone  here regarding its opening and what they think of it...thanks!

Matt Heebner

I checked out the Magnolia store opening weekend at the new Mayfair BB. Nothing special, and for cryin out loud they werent even using HD DVD or Blu-Ray on a 1080p display in the demo area.  I have been to a few other Magnolia's around the country, and this one just seems small and non-impressive.

Of course any place to buy higher-end equipment is always a good thing for price and competition. But you are right...Flanners or Audio Emporium it is not!