• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Laptop LCD Repair

Started by waterhead, Monday Oct 23, 2006, 01:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waterhead

I have a Dell Inspiron 1150 with a 15" screen. The LCD inverter has a shorted transformer. The laptop is only 2 years old! (Dell crap)

Does anyone know of a local repair shop that can repair this? I found one online that wants $65 for labor and $25 for the transformer. I haven't found anyone with a new or repaired one for sale.

The numbers on the transformer don't match anything that I found on the net:
P 22.0763.39 47NJ (wire wound) Here's a picture:

[ATTACH]121[/ATTACH]

Here's the specs:

LCD: 15"
Manufacturer: Chi Mei
model: N150X6 -L01 Rev. C2

Inverter
manufacturer: Ambit
model: T601828.00 Rev 0 (corrected: T60I828.00)

Paul

Bebop

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

waterhead

HMMM.....

MilwaukeePC has very high prices.

I finally found an online source that had a new one. All others were used or "refurbished" They even corrected me on my part #, seems the "1" was actually a "I".

http://www.invertercentral.com/

Cost is $49.99 +$9.99 shipping.

I still would like to fix the old one. If they only last 2 years, I'll need it.

Thanks anyhow.

Paul

Bebop

Milwaukee PC is the only place I can think of that carries almost every parts.

I have a Dell notebook that's over 5 years old came with a 3 years warranty, built like a tank and weight as much as a tank. Never did collect on the warranty.  It's getting slow for today's apps. When the core 2 duo MacBook comes out. I'll set it aside.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

Doug Mohr

I've bought LCD parts from Moniserv http://www.moniserv.com/doc/inverter.htm before. Easy to deal with and seems to have good quality parts.

Doug

waterhead

I tried moniserv, they didn't have the inverter I needed.

My Dell only had a 1 year warranty, and I didn't buy an extended one. I have since seen reccomendations that you should do this for a laptop. Too late for me.

Paul