News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Bypass on SA3250

Started by pacca, Monday Oct 23, 2006, 05:21:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pacca

I have TW SA3250,with the new upgrade software TW recently switched to.On the setting menu it says that if you set to bypass you can recieve analog channels with the cable box off,I tried that and I dont get any channels.I have a Sony KDL V40XBR1.

Gregg Lengling

Quote from: pacca;35466I have TW SA3250,with the new upgrade software TW recently switched to.On the setting menu it says that if you set to bypass you can recieve analog channels with the cable box off,I tried that and I dont get any channels.I have a Sony KDL V40XBR1.

I don't use it and haven't tried it..but you need to run a coax from the 75ohm output on the box to your antenna in on the tv and then set your tuner on the tv to analog cable.  When the box is in bypass mode (actually an internal relay/switch), it's the same as having the cable hooked directly to your tv.  Should work if the software is really switching the coax thru the box.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Gregg Lengling

Moved thread to appropriate forum.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

RS922

The 3250 does not have a bypass module installed.  As far as I know, none of the boxes available locally have a bypass module, so this feature isn't very useful at the present time.