News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

DishNetwork Install Problem

Started by HDCheeseHead, Monday Oct 23, 2006, 12:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HDCheeseHead

Am switching from TWC to DishNetwork.  Well, at least trying to.  They were out on Friday for an install and tried to install the dish on the roof in two places.  According to the installer, neither location would pick up a signal from the sat's.  A neighbor's tree seems top be blocking the signal enough in either location.  I'm signing up for the HD package, so the dish is the triple LNB satellite.  The installer tells me that he can only do installs from the ladder, so going up higher on my roof is out.  My guess is that going higher up on the will eliminate the tree issue.

So, couple of questions.

1) What can I do about the installer's policy of only installing from the ladder?
2) The installer actually installed the dish then tested for signal.  So, I now have 8 holes in my roof.  Can the isntaller do some other checks before actually securing the dish to the roof?  I'd prefer to keep the number of holes in the roof to a minimum.

I'm switching from TWC to save a couple of bucks.  My calculations have me saving $50-$75 per month by switching from TWC TV & TWC internet to Dish and AT & T dsl and putting my Cingular bill on a combined bill.  So, I'd prefer not to go with DirecTV.  Not to mention Dish's greater HD channels.

In case it matters from an installation point of view, I'm in Tosa, south of Capital and east of Mayfair.

Bebop

How much higher on the roof?  That's assuming your neighbor's tree will not grow any taller.

You are lucky there are still leaves on the tree instead of finding it out in the Spring (unless it's a coniferous tree). :)

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

Drake

Quote from: HDCheeseHead;354791) What can I do about the installer's policy of only installing from the ladder?
2) The installer actually installed the dish then tested for signal.  So, I now have 8 holes in my roof.  Can the installer do some other checks before actually securing the dish to the roof?  I'd prefer to keep the number of holes in the roof to a minimum.

You might be able to file a damage claim with Dish.  I was able to with DirecTV when they had to move the dish from one side of my roof to the other.  I had a roofer come out and repair/replace the damaged shingles.