News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

D* Problem with HD signal quality

Started by TJac, Friday Sep 29, 2006, 07:35:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJac

My brother has the D* HD receiver and a Sony Bravia LCD display. They are connected with the HDMI cable. On the HD channels the reception is clear, TNTHD. On the other channels, 4, 6 ,10 , 12 etc, the text is choppy and there is severe pixalation. Does D* put out 1080i signal quality on all their channels with the HD receiver or do I need to connect both the HDMI cable and the Component cables? The receiver and TV are both set to 1080i. He has another CRT television with the HD receiver and the picture quality there using Component cables at 720 resolution is fine on all channels.

borghe

It depends on the box. all D* channels should be 1080i except for ESPN and ESPN2. I believe their current box (HD20) can run either fixed res or native res. if it is going to the LCD I would definitely try fixed res and have the box sideconvert all 1080i programming. If it is set to fixed res and you are having those problems, then set it to native res and see how well the Bravia handles the 1080i content.

TJac

We found the signal strength to be at 67~68%. Will have the installer?? if you can call him that, come back and reset the dish to get closer to 90%. Then if there are issues with the Picture quality, we will pursue this problem further.

Talos4

Tjac,  If you have the H20 box your signal strengths will be showing lower than expected.

It has to do with the software it's running.

My H20 signal strength shows anywhere from the low 60's to the low 90's.  

My H-10 shows everything consistently in the mid to upper 90's.  

So tweaking the dish will not improve the "numbers" on the H-20.  

With the signal readings where they are at on the H-20 I have no drop outs, pixelation, break up's etc.

My H-20 runs fixed 1080i into my Mits 48413  because it does not accept 720p. I have run it native, but it's converted to 1080i anyway so I leave it fixed.  

My H-10 runs native on my Samsung Plasma. Whatever is being broadcast by the channel is output to the set,   ESPN 720p, FOX 6 720p, CBS 1080i, HDNET 1080i etc.

TJac

Does it matter if the dish is a 3lnb or a 5lnb? Currently it is a 3lnb.

Talos4

Not that I was able to tell.

I had my H-20 with the triple for about a week before the AT-9 was installed and noticed the low signal readings right away.

Signal readings from the triple to the AT-9 are the same.  

Your installer will not be able to get the readings anywhere near 90 across the board.  A few here and there.

Blitzburgh

Quote from: borghe;35073It depends on the box. all D* channels should be 1080i except for ESPN and ESPN2. I believe their current box (HD20) can run either fixed res or native res. if it is going to the LCD I would definitely try fixed res and have the box sideconvert all 1080i programming. If it is set to fixed res and you are having those problems, then set it to native res and see how well the Bravia handles the 1080i content.

HR20 is what you mean

Blitzburgh

Quote from: Talos4;35110Tjac,  If you have the H20 box your signal strengths will be showing lower than expected.

It has to do with the software it's running.

My H20 signal strength shows anywhere from the low 60's to the low 90's.  

My H-10 shows everything consistently in the mid to upper 90's.  

So tweaking the dish will not improve the "numbers" on the H-20.  

With the signal readings where they are at on the H-20 I have no drop outs, pixelation, break up's etc.

My H-20 runs fixed 1080i into my Mits 48413  because it does not accept 720p. I have run it native, but it's converted to 1080i anyway so I leave it fixed.  

My H-10 runs native on my Samsung Plasma. Whatever is being broadcast by the channel is output to the set,   ESPN 720p, FOX 6 720p, CBS 1080i, HDNET 1080i etc.

HR10-250 is what is meant here.

Milwaukee12

Let's compare:

H-10:  D* HDTV
H-20:  D* HDTV
HR-20:  D* HDTV DVR

Unless we have an invisable DVR in the house, I think he knows what he is talking about.  

Please research before you post.

Blitzburgh

Quote from: Milwaukee12;35502Let's compare:

H-10:  D* HDTV
H-20:  D* HDTV
HR-20:  D* HDTV DVR

Unless we have an invisable DVR in the house, I think he knows what he is talking about.  

Please research before you post.

Nope. there is no H-10 or H-20.

They are:
HR10-250 DTivo
H10 HD Reciever
H20 HD Reciever
HR20 HD DVR

Um... I have been with DTV for 11 years and know all of there equipment inside and out. So yes please research before you reply.

Talos4

OK, OK...

Take out the Hyphen

Jeez:bang:

:deadair:

Milwaukee12

All we are saying is stop bashing on people that you don't even know.  I suppose you would correct me if I said that I have the SIRTS106.  Are you going to insert he hyphen?  

Please calm down and be nice to people before you start correcting people with stupid little things.  

How many receivers do you have in your house?  We have 7.

:bang: :bang: :bang: