• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

HD Radio.....

Started by kwinrich, Sunday Jul 31, 2005, 12:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevbeck122

On Crutchfield.com Panasonic has a car radio with an HD tuner built in, and there are around 12 other ones that are HD ready.  There's also an external tuner there for the HD ready ones.

I think if I do get one, I'll wait til prices come down.  I'm not willing to spend a lot on car audio anymore since my nice cd player got stolen back in June.

kwinrich

Quote from: kevbeck122On Crutchfield.com Panasonic has a car radio with an HD tuner built in, and there are around 12 other ones that are HD ready.  There's also an external tuner there for the HD ready ones.

I think if I do get one, I'll wait til prices come down.  I'm not willing to spend a lot on car audio anymore since my nice cd player got stolen back in June.

I hear ya there!  

I presently have the Panasonic in my vehical.  Nice unit!

kwinrich

FYI, a few more Chicago stations that you can get here in Milwaukee have come on line.

WSCR 670 and WBBM 780 are now HD Radio.

WKTI has turned off their HDRadio transmitter for what appears to be some service to their main analog FM transmitter.

kwinrich

Looks like WMYX and WXSS (Kiss FM) will have HD Radio running by October this year.

kwinrich

WTMJ turned their HD Radio transmitter back on this weekend.

waterhead

WUWM has announced that they will start broadcasting a digital HD Radio signal on Sept. 12 at 7pm.

They will also have a side channel delivering music, similar to the World Cafe show that it currently airs.

I listen to the World Cafe while working 2nd shift, so it looks like I have a reason to now buy a HD radio receiver.

Here's a link to the announcement, in pdf file format:

WUWM HD Radio