• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

ESPN Monday Nite Football to the MAX

Started by gb4fan92, Friday Aug 25, 2006, 04:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gb4fan92

Tonight will be the first time ESPN will roll out its entire complement of 8 HD production trucks to deliver a slew of programming from the site of the game. That caravan will march across the country week after week for the next five months.

And the Packers play this Monday nite. Should be great to see!!  :rock: :)

TAS

I just found this out.

http://www.themilwaukeechannel.com/aboutwisn12/9694652/detail.html

QuoteMILWAUKEE -- The Green Bay Packers will take on the Cincinnati Bengals in a preseason match up Monday, Aug. 28 on WISN-TV. Channel 12's coverage begins at 6:30 p.m. with the "Big 12 Sports Show: Pre-Game," live from Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati and co-hosted by WISN 12's Dan Needles and Andy Kendeigh. The game, broadcast in high definition, will begin at 7 p.m.

christo76

I watched the game on 12-1 and every so often the sound would break up or the picture would.

Signal strength started out at 87% but rose to 97% and still would break up occasionally.

Is this something with my system?  Do I need to add a pre-amp to my OTA?  Or is this just something I need to accept with live ota broadcasts?

Chris

Drake

On my TV, Channel 12-1 has the worst performance of all the OTA channels I watch.  I can be getting along pretty well, and then get a deep fade.  Usually I get about 10-20 seconds (sometimes up to a minute or two) of clean picture and sound before I get pixellation or clicks in the audio.  Usually 12-1 is unwatchable (I have a cheesy antenna, so I could improve things if I wanted to.)  I suspect I have some pretty bad multipath conditions at my house.

How does 12-1 measure up with other OTA for other people?

Jimboy

Quote from: DrakeOn my TV, Channel 12-1 has the worst performance of all the OTA channels I watch.  I can be getting along pretty well, and then get a deep fade.  Usually I get about 10-20 seconds (sometimes up to a minute or two) of clean picture and sound before I get pixellation or clicks in the audio.  Usually 12-1 is unwatchable (I have a cheesy antenna, so I could improve things if I wanted to.)  I suspect I have some pretty bad multipath conditions at my house.

How does 12-1 measure up with other OTA for other people?

Rock solid in Oak Creek.....no issues. Wish I could say the same for the Packers.
6-1 (channel 33) still disappears on me from time to time.

Talos4

Absolutely no problems with the BROADCAST! :D   No breakups, no pixelating no nuttin.  OTA from around 76th and Oklahoma.  

The game however  {fart}

I have no problems with any of the OTA HD Broadcasts.

JMoran80

I, as well enjoyed the High Def. picture but i really didnt enjoy the HIGH DEF beating!   Anybody ready for this nice long season????