• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

League pushing NFL Network to Cable Operators

Started by Skywalker, Friday Jul 28, 2006, 09:33:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndrewP

Quote from: gparrisIt just depends WHERE in the whole TWC "system" you are in locally.
Adelphia going to TWC meant NFL HD network and Cinemax HD and ESPN2 HD.
http://www.timewarnerla.com/channellineups/CLUPDFs/Beverly_Hills_West_Hollywood_AUG.pdf
Milwaukeeland getting it is just, well, not happening... :(

Apparently, as I read somebody reported it, TWC in CA (in former Adelphia zone) instead of NFL channel shows now screen with the following: Hello, I am Time Warner Cable :D

wireblsam

Why do I get the sinking feeling that if TWC and the NFL are just discussing the SD channel??

gopheralex

Quote from: tbarneyThis may be an uncommon response to this topic, but I am fine with TWC holding out at this point.  Everyone here always complains about paying for channels that they don't want and asking for the ability to buy them A La Carte.  TWC is trying to do that by offering to put the NFL network in their sports package but the NFL says No.  I am happy to see TWC doing something to keep my bill down for a change.  I'm not going to jump ship to one of the dish providers just for a channel or two. If that was the case I would have moved a long time ago for more HD programming.    I can live with 5 games per week between the double-headers on either CBS or Fox, and the night games on NBC and ESPN, The 8 more during the season isn't going to be the death of me since most of the big games are already going to be on one of the major networks where all the TV money comes from anyways.

Stick it to them TWC.
What this seems like to me is a fight between two greedy, incestuous corporate whores. Perish the thought that TWC wants your cable bill to go anywhere but way, way up - unregulated monopolies tend to behave that way. The NFL knows that NFL Network would be very popular on TWC, probably more popular than the majority of channels TWC already carries (at least during the football season), and they want big-time exposure for small $$. TWC has responded no, we will only carry you for $$$$$++++, and that is our price, take it or leave it, we will not even talk to you about it. TWC's subscribers lose out, but what are they going to do about it? Switch to Dish? Case closed. So in the end, Paul Tagliabue is still lighting his cigars with $100 bills, TWC execs are still raking it in on dump trucks from the poor suckers who have been conditioned by all the advertising to believe that phone + cable + internet for $99/month (plus government-blessed unregulated monopoly surcharges) is some kind of hot bargain, and the consumer is still sitting at home, screwed.

gparris

I appreciate that TWC is trying to put this sports channel in with the digital service only and HD as an option for those with packages to help pay for it for those dedicated and appreciating its availablilty.
As for having everyone pay for it, I understand why TWC does not want to deliver it that way...it belongs, IMO, on a sports tier and it should be available to all HD subscribers the way ESPNHD is - in the HD tier at the very least.
Even better, again my opinion, maybe TWC should offer a "HD Sports Tier"
with ESPNHD, ESPN2HD and NFL HD, etc. and let those that want it, pay for it, just like the current sports package currently available for digital subscribers. :D

NDP1623

The NFLHD network is worth every penny.  I have had it for a little over a week now and have seen most of the pre season games in HD.  Its great for me as a Dolphins fan in Milwaukee.  The Dolphins played last night and I got to watch it in HD when I woke up this morning around 9 or 10.  Now the Jets vs. Redskins are on.  Way better than the CFL on World Sport HD.