• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

INHD2 Will Be 'Scaled Back'

Started by Gregg Lengling, Thursday Aug 10, 2006, 02:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg Lengling

Content Shifting to Larger Sister INHD
With cable operators adding newer channels such as ESPN2 HD, MHD and Food Network HD, one high-definition network is being booted to make room for the new offerings: INHD2. An iN Demand Networks spokesperson confirmed the channel is being "scaled back," but will still be available on some systems.

http://www.tvweek.com/page.cms?pageId=228
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

gparris

That could be very well why Dishnetwork is getting only one INHD channel from the looks for what I have read.

Some Comcast locations are just getting MHD or some other channel to replace it, which is sort of good, more selection of different HD channels.

If TWC ever gets to just one INHD channel because there is no INHD2, I wonder if TWC will replace it with another HD channel, like the many it currently is MISSING. :rolleyes:

oz

So what does that mean for TWC subscribers?

gparris

Nothing, INHD2 still exists for now and IF it went away completely, TWC would give us nothing more to replace it, I am certain. :(

We are supposed to be happy with what we have. :p

Sparkman87

We already lost it 8/1 with Comcast.

gb4fan92

That it hasn't gone away already is a good sign. However if what I have been reading elsewhere, they are combining the contents of both networks so "technically" we wouldn't be losing anything just less reruns. I would be for losing INHD2 if it meant and additional HD channel or 2 or 3 or 4 ( oh you know what I mean!)  :rofl:  :rofl:

LoadStar

I agree, actually... if InHD 2 is going to be just a dumping ground for repeats of stuff from InHD 1, I'd rather see it replaced by something else. We want MORE high-def stuff, not the same high def stuff just rebroadcast again. :)