• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Hr20 D* Hd-dvr (Review)

Started by smack, Thursday Aug 17, 2006, 10:51:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smack

Well it is apparently shipping to the LA Market this week.  Here is a little review from one of the beta testers.

HR20 D* HD-DVR review

I haven't heard of or seen any posts from anyone outside of LA getting this thing ordered yet, but it looks like it will be coming to our area in "fall"

If anyone has ordered it or had any luck finding out a date for our area please post it here.

Stanley Kritzik

Quote from: smackWell it is apparently shipping to the LA Market this week.  Here is a little review from one of the beta testers.

HR20 D* HD-DVR review

I haven't heard of or seen any posts from anyone outside of LA getting this thing ordered yet, but it looks like it will be coming to our area in "fall"

If anyone has ordered it or had any luck finding out a date for our area please post it here.

It's a pretty good review -- even if the OTA tuners aren't working, yet.  One would assume that the roll out would be nation-wide in a few months, as D* will surely want to capture the holiday market everywhere.

I wonder when they will be rolling out their new dish, too.  I've seen pictures of a very slick-looking dish that will replace the kludge they have available, now.  Anyone?

Also, are they going to have an oversized dish for those who can afford the space to minimize rain/snow fade?

Now, how about some additional HD channels?

Stan

gparris

I think Directv is supposed to be coming out with a new, better-looking 5LNB dish but there has been not date set yet.
It is larger from what I have seen in sat guys but less hideous. :)