• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Need antenna advice

Started by christo76, Thursday Aug 10, 2006, 02:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

christo76

I live in waukesha, near South Highschool (East Roberta Ave).  Using antennaweb it says I need a "blue" medium directional with pre-amp for Fox6, but only "yellow" for ever other channel.

Does antennaweb assume the ground height or rooftop for its decision (it does as for single or multiple stories)?

I do have an old antenna on a 30-35 ft tower in back, but I don't know how I can get the old antenna off to put a new one on.   I could easily attach something to the side of the tower if there is an antenna that would work for that, UHF/VHF.

Is there anyone in my area that has an antenna that is working great?

Thanks for any help.
Chris

murdoc

Honestly, see if the antenna you have works before you replace it.  Being 30-35 feet in the air, that thing should do pretty good.  Many people here are doing just fine with cheapo Radio Shack antennas.  I personally am using a Channel Master 4228, but I'm way up here in West Bend.  The CM is not a bad antenna for it's size and it costs under $50.  Good luck! :cool:

LoadStar

I agree with Murdoc. Your current antenna, unless it's falling apart and pieces are missing, is probably going to be just fine.

christo76

well, it is sort of falling apart.  Some of the foot long metal pieces that seem to criss-cross along the spine of it are hanging loose and some have fallen to the ground.  Are those incredibly important for reception or there for redundancy or support?

Going to attempt to get up to it this weekend to see if I can rewire it.  Unless all those pieces that are loose make it unuseable.

Chris