• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

FSN HD changes???

Started by RonH, Saturday Aug 26, 2006, 07:58:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RonH

I noticed that instead of sending out a 480i color bar feed when FSN HD was not showing brewers games, my CableCard now picks it up as "Can not decode signal".  I'm hoping the signal will become readable again by the next brewers game in HD.  It looks like FSN is going to have a significant number of games in HD during september.

Do any other TWC subscribers no longer have the color bars on ch. 531?

LoadStar

Quote from: RonHI noticed that instead of sending out a 480i color bar feed when FSN HD was not showing brewers games, my CableCard now picks it up as "Can not decode signal".  I'm hoping the signal will become readable again by the next brewers game in HD.  It looks like FSN is going to have a significant number of games in HD during september.

Do any other TWC subscribers no longer have the color bars on ch. 531?

The colorbars come and go randomly... they're not on all the time.

Right now, they're not on - all my cable box (Explorer 8300) shows is a solid grey screen.

You are right, though, it's nice to see 7 games on in a single month... too bad they couldn't do that all season long.

It still would be nice for them to be on the air all the time, just simulcasting the SD channel when not carrying HD programming.

Sparkman87

Quote from: LoadStarThe colorbars come and go randomly... they're not on all the time.

Right now, they're not on - all my cable box (Explorer 8300) shows is a solid grey screen.

You are right, though, it's nice to see 7 games on in a single month... too bad they couldn't do that all season long.

It still would be nice for them to be on the air all the time, just simulcasting the SD channel when not carrying HD programming.

That is what Comcast Sportsnet in Chicago does.  The HD channel is a 24/7 channel, just in SD when there is no HD programming.