News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

&$%#@ Neighbors

Started by Tom Snyder, Wednesday Jul 26, 2006, 02:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Snyder

Spent the first night in our new place.

The home theatre system just rocked... thunderous bass!

Unfortunately, the new place is a temporary apartment as our old house sold before our new one was done. :mad:

The home theater system belongs to a neighbor on the other side of our bedroom wall.   :bang:

And the thunderous bass was at 3:30 AM...  :Shoot:

I'm not liking this very much...
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Mrtanner

There are a couple of potential solutions:

1. Talk to the new, temporary neighbor and see if they are reasonable.  (Thunderous bass at 3:30 am is NOT reasonable, even for an enthusiast.)

2. If that's what's going on at 3:30 AM, I bet the neighbor wouldn't want to hear your system thundering at 7:30 AM.  (If you need extra thunder, I bet you could find enough volunteers on this forum to provide loaner equipment for this worthwhile project.)  I'm picturing a line of subwoofers ( strategically placed against the offender's wall.  Pop on The Phantom Menace or a hi-rez recording of organ music and you could probably get your point across in less than ten seconds.

Personally, I'd try #1 first and if it didn't work out, I'd fantasize about #2.

Paul S.

Get a baseball bat, 5 cinderblocks, one more person, and give me a call.

Bebop

Quote from: Tom SnyderSpent the first night in our new place.

The home theatre system just rocked... thunderous bass!

Unfortunately, the new place is a temporary apartment as our old house sold before our new one was done. :mad:

The home theater system belongs to a neighbor on the other side of our bedroom wall.   :bang:

And the thunderous bass was at 3:30 AM...  :Shoot:

I'm not liking this very much...

Out duel your neighbor with you own killer setup. {storm}

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun