• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Projection TV Burn IN

Started by GADGET71, Tuesday Jul 25, 2006, 04:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GADGET71

Hi All-

I have noticed for the past few months that I have burn in(I believe) in the areas that run vertically along the left and right side of my 55" Mitsubishi projection TV.  
This tv is about 4 years old.  For the first couple of years I stretched everything to fill the screen.  For about 6months I started watching tv in the 4x3 ratio because to be frank, it plain looked better than watching non hd stuff all stretched out.  Now I notice when I watch 16x9 stuff in HD that the areas to the left and right sides of the screen are lighter and noticeable when watching full screen.  Anyone know of a way to fix this(my guess is no).  Also, as long as I am already there, would it hurt to continue watching things in 4x3 ratio, or make it worse.  Any tips would be appreciated.  Since I am stuck with this TV for many more years I want to make the best of it.
________
Suzuki X-90 history

Bebop

Are you watch 4:3 with gray pillar box?

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

GADGET71

I watched 4:3 with black bars on the side for about 6 mos.  Does the gray make a difference?
________
Honda Zest specifications