• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

HR10-250 Re-booting

Started by MarkS, Saturday Feb 11, 2006, 11:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkS

Recently I've had the "Welcome! Powering Up" screen come up while both watching a recorded show and again tonight while watching the Olympics.

Anyone know what would be causing this?

paullfisher

Mine did it while I was recording Indy 500. Happened at the worst possible time. 8 laps left. By the time i came back up it started recording again as the winner was drinking the milk.

MarkS

It's a hard drive problem however you can clean up your hard drive and stop the dreaded re-boots by going into the Menu under Messages & Setup, Restart or Test System, Reset Thumb Rating & Suggestion.  This will take a number of minutes or hours depending on your hard drive.  But since I've done it I have not have any more of the re-boot problem.  Another suggestion is to turn off your unit when not in use.  I had been leaviing mine on in the past.  It is also a good idea to unplug your power cord at the back of the unit periodically to allow the system to reset.  Again this requires a re-boot of the system but helps to clean up the hard drive.

Hopes this helps.