• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Antenna Rotors

Started by dj1111, Tuesday Aug 08, 2006, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dj1111

I've had it with the Zenith antenna rotator I purchased at one of the local (big box) junk stores.  It's that one that's programmable with a remote control.  Installed the first one about a year and a half ago.  It started giving me trouble within the first year but I suffered with it until about a month ago.  It has a life time warranty so I was able to exchange it at the store I purchased it from.  Within 2 weeks it started giving me trouble again.  I think the seals are bad because when ever it rains it stops working.  Took it down and opened it up after a shower and water dripped out of it for about two minutes.  After it dried it worked ok again.

So my question is, what is a good reliable brand of rotator that won't break the bank.  I thought Channel Master would be good until I read they moved the manufacturing of their popular rotators from Ohio to China and have been dealing with poor quality.  Any help is appreciated.

Talos4

I've had my Rat Shack rotor on the roof for about 9 years now.  It works just fine.

It does not get much of a work out because it was basically set it and forget it but every once in a while the DX bug bites and it works just fine.

Take a look at what they have and compare the build quality over the one that you have.

dj1111

Thanks for the reply.

I generally have had good luck with Radio Shack but their rotor gave me problems many, many years ago.  I replaced it with a cheap Magnavox and that one must have lasted 10 years or more until it wouldn't work in the severe cold.  I then went to this Zenith       because of the programmable and remote control features.  It's going in the dumpster if I can't get my money back.  I planned to check out Radio Shack again.  I just thought someone out there may have experience with something better than the department store junk.