• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

AT&T DSL

Started by Tom Snyder, Wednesday Jun 28, 2006, 01:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chinatown

is all you will need.....................

Tom Snyder

So if I have a phone jack and a cable jack installed behind my main desktop computer, I'll be covered whichever direction I eventually decide to go with for Internet?
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Gregg Lengling

Quote from: Tom SnyderSo if I have a phone jack and a cable jack installed behind my main desktop computer, I'll be covered whichever direction I eventually decide to go with for Internet?

You've got it, not bad for an old fart!
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

tazman

Quote from: Gregg LenglingYou've got it, not bad for an old fart!

WATCH IT!!!  I resemble that remark. :D   Everything Gregg said is right on the mark.  Also if you have a central distribution point like a media closet for voice and data, you can get one whole house filter.  That way your not monkeying around with individual filters at each phone location. ;)

waterhead

If you plan on having a wired LAN, with cat5 cable, there can be a problem. On my system I can connect a LAN port as either a phone jack OR a LAN port. But not both at the same time. If you want this you need to run two cat5 cables to that spot.

Paul
An up and coming old fart (49).

Tom Snyder

I'll be running a wireless network, so it shouldn't be a problem. :)  

Of course when you're an old fart like me, you're lucky to be able to run at all!!!!
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org