• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Tim Cuprisin on Blu-ray vs. HD-DVD

Started by Tom Snyder, Sunday Jul 09, 2006, 09:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Snyder

Good article in today's Journal Sentinel on the HD DVD war. Good, that is, until he quotes some slug from a certain local HDTV site who should be an expert on the topic, but isn't even looking to buy an HD DVD player.  :rofl:

The article is HERE

Interesting side note...  

I was showing my wife the article. I referenced the Betamax/VHS battle, and asked her who eventually won.  She said... "actually neither... VHS won the first battle, but now both gave way to an entirely new technology...the DVD. And so, while in the HD DVD war, one may prevail short term, but some day (soon?), BOTH will be replaced by something even better."

She's pretty smart.. actually she's pretty AND smart.  ;)
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

LoadStar

Quote from: Tom SnyderGood article in today's Journal Sentinel on the HD DVD war. Good, that is, until he quotes some slug from a certain local HDTV site who should be an expert on the topic, but isn't even looking to buy an HD DVD player.  :rofl:

Two other major problems, both in the "infobar" on that page. First, the "number of available titles" are WAY off. I mean, not even close. Also, the titles available are flip-flopped... they list "Serenity" et.al. under Blu-Ray, and they're actually the HD-DVD titles.

sp44again

Quote from: LoadStarTwo other major problems, both in the "infobar" on that page. First, the "number of available titles" are WAY off. I mean, not even close. Also, the titles available are flip-flopped... they list "Serenity" et.al. under Blu-Ray, and they're actually the HD-DVD titles.

Yeah I noticed that too.

Matt Heebner

Yea but VHS was king of the hill for a long time. Kinda wonder if any technology has that kind of staying power anymore.

Matt