• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Sam's Club question

Started by Ralph Kramden, Thursday May 11, 2006, 08:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Kramden

Can you get into Sam's Club and look around if you're not a member? Do they check everyone when you enter?

waterhead

Last time I was there you could. That was several years ago. You just can't buy anything without a membership card.

Mark Strube

I think they'll give you some sort of guest pass and allow you to buy things for one visit... I'd call the store.

SRW1000

If you can't get a guest pass from the store, check the internet.  I know I've found online passes posted on the fatwallet.com forum.  There is usually a 10% upcharge when using a pass, although sometimes they will waive it.  If you end up buying a bunch of stuff, you'd probably be better off just buying a membership (calculate the upcharge before you check out).

Last time I bought a membership, they were having an in-store sign up special - only $10, which was well worth it.

When my wife and I were there two years ago, one of the managers told us that they would be discontinuing the free passes.  :rolleyes:  He was either lying, or misinformed, because I've always been able to find one anytime I've wanted to go.

Good luck, and make sure that you know the actual price of what you're buying.  Savings vary dramatically, with some bulk items actually costing more than you would end up paying in a grocery store.

Scott

Ralph Kramden

Thanks guys. What I want to do there is check out a DVD recorder that they supposedly sell. There's a long thread about it at Avsforum.com.

stevenq99

I have always just walked in like I owned the place.  If you get stopped by the id checker just say that you are going to the membership desk.

SRW1000

Quote from: stevenq99I have always just walked in like I owned the place.  If you get stopped by the id checker just say that you are going to the membership desk.
What happens when you get to the checkout line and don't have a card?

Scott

stevenq99

Quote from: SRW1000What happens when you get to the checkout line and don't have a card?

Scott

If you want to buy something then yo will need a card but the original post stated he just wanted to look at a specific dvd recorder