• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Oh My, It's RAINING!

Started by Stanley Kritzik, Friday Apr 07, 2006, 12:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stanley Kritzik

Well, the shocker on the local morning news today is: It is RAINING!  Ch 12 had two "reporters" on the "photo-op" street.  A lady with an umbrella was sloshing around -- kind of -- in 1/2 inch of water, and a macho guy with no umbrella and not even a hat was yacking about traffic, wind and stuff.

The local channels have discovered weather, and if it isn't news stories about what's happening now, it's a meteorologist with the disaster contained in tomorrow's forecast.  I remember when mainly the farmers and airlines cared about the weather, but now we are all submerged in the gory details.

I wish the channels could think of something really useful to do, but I'm probably just old fashioned.

SK

kevbeck122

Did we even get that much rain?  I heard it pouring early this morning for maybe 20 minutes... after that nothing much.  I guess the 2+ inches we were supposed to get went north.

At least they didn't mess up the shows last night.

PatM

I have a digital rain gauge.
In Wauwatosa, we got 1.85 inches of rain between midnight and 6AM, so they wern't that far off.
Except for the gauge, I never would have known it had rained that much last night.

Joseph S

I hate to tell you this.

BUT I BROKE THIS MAJOR NEWS OF RAIN IN MY REPORT OF MULTIPLE GLITCHES on Conan and Leno very early this morning. :D

Guess what? Now it's snowing and sleeting too. The horror. It's amazing what you learn if you go outside or look out or open a window.

Joseph S

There's an actual, not mythical Thunderstorm right now and guess what...

NO WARNING THAT WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE ON ONE OF THESE FRAUD'S BROADCAST'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's quite clear this has nothing to do with the weather.