• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Unfinished DVD

Started by SugarRay, Wednesday Mar 08, 2006, 09:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SugarRay

OK - I made a dumb mistake.  I copyed 3 hrs of programming, but I set the quality of my DVD recorder for 2 hrs now my disc won't read in either the player or my computer.  Not that I care so much of the contents, but would like to use the disc again.

Assuming I can't read because disc never finished.  Any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks

Mark Strube

If it's not a rewritable disc I can't imagine there's much you could do. If it is rewritable, just erase it!

SugarRay

Its a RW, but DVD recorder nor DVD drive on PC won't reconize the disc to reformat.

picopir8

Is the DVD recorder internal to the PC or an external device.  If its internal to the PC then you would still be able to see the contents even if the session was not closed.  If this is the case you likely have a bad disk or your drive is unable to read/write the particular brand of media that you are using.

There were several years of tweaks to writable DVD media so make sure you have the latest firmware to ensure proper reading/writing of the media.

If you have an external DVD writer, you are probably SOL. They are not as flexable and dont give you all the access as a PC DVD writer offers.  If thats the case, just reburn on a new disk and trash the old one.