• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Krauts, have you bought a projector yet?

Started by Ralph Kramden, Sunday Feb 19, 2006, 06:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Kramden

I'm just curious, if you did, what you bought?

krauts

I'm still thinking about it. My basement is just about ready for drywall so I have a little time yet. I'm still leaning towards the Infocus 5000. Right now on the Infocus site you can get it for $1299 - 10% - $300 rebate. For $870 I can deal with it. Maybe I can leave it in the house when we move and then get a nicer one then. I haven't seen any pj's in action yet but atleast I wouldn't have anything to compare it against. I'm also thinking of getting the Onkyo HT-s780 theater as well. Damn circuit city changes the price everyday. Oh well, someday the price will be low and i'll get it. I have the theater area wired for 7.1 so I want to get a system like that vs my old 5.1 stuff and big old school speakers that I can't mount on the wall or cieling.

Ralph Kramden

Sounds good. What type of system is that Onkyo?

krauts

Its a good HTIB setup. If it goes to 399 at CC i'd buy it. I have also seen it down for 304 refurn through shoponkyo.com  This system has gotten lots of good reviews and has a nice powered sub. It has 7.1 with sub and reciever. Can't really go wrong for that. By the time I buy all those speakers and a new 7.1 reciever it would be tough to do it for 300 to 399 i'd think. My current sony reciever and various speakers I have work fine, but now this onkyo setup is smaller and can probably make the same amount of noise in a much smaller and wall mountable package.