News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Terk HDTVa

Started by kevbeck122, Sunday Feb 12, 2006, 12:15:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevbeck122

Product info: http://www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&productId=14370&langId=-1

I have problems getting 18 and 24 with this antenna where I live... not sure if it's just not the right antenna for my location or if somethings wrong with the antenna.  My rabbit ears pull in 18 and 24 decently, but not reliable enough for me to like it.  I was hoping this antenna would fix that, but it didn't.  Anyways, I'll let the antenna go for $30 (retails for $60).  If you have any problems with it, return it back to me and I'll give you a refund (just in case the reason for not receiving the stations is that it's defective).

bradsmainsite

I don't believe they are each running full power yet especially Ch 18, but don't know about 24 yet.

Either way if you want reliable signal if possible something outdoors should
solve your problem, but you may have to expirement around with indoor stuff
if its not possible to do the outdoor thing.

Inside signals can react very wacky at times and only a few inches change or different style may help considerably.

Good luck you have my sympathy if your stuck indoors! :bang:

kevbeck122

I'm stuck with an indoor antenna until I get my own house.  It seems like 18 is the hardest to get.  I'll get it for awhile, then all of sudden my antenna needs to be moved slightly to get it again.  Once I move it for 18, then 24's reception gets iffy.  This seems to happen every couple weeks.

Once they go full power (hopefully by the summer), I shouldn't have any issues.  I'm ~12 miles from the towers.. everything else comes in around 100% with the rabbit ears.

Mark Strube

I have the same issue with a lot of the local channels. Everything will be fine for a few weeks and then suddenly one of the channels will get full of errors, or I'll just lose the signal completely, so I'll have to move the indoor antenna to adjust... really annoying, especially since if I have to move it a lot, I need to make new holes in the wall (the antenna is sitting on a shelf near the ceiling).

About 10mi from the transmitters here.

kevbeck122

Will anyone take it for $20?

StarvingForHDTV

Trying to sell a Terk is like trying to sell a Yugo.  It's going to be a tough sell at any price.  Their reputation is very tarnished.

kevbeck122

It sold..  I bought an Antennas Direct DB2 instead and it works great indoors.