• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

downconverted for the early adopter, good business strateigy

Started by digdugm, Saturday Jan 28, 2006, 01:26:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Heebner

Yep.. and I will be the first in line to purchase some sort of 'black box' that removes this encryption flag so I can view HD DVD's on my TV.
Hollywood can go scr*w thamselves.

Matt

Doug Mohr

Quote from: Matt HeebnerYep.. and I will be the first in line to purchase some sort of 'black box' that removes this encryption flag so I can view HD DVD's on my TV.
Hollywood can go scr*w thamselves.

Matt

Thank heavens that the MPAA doesn't make cars! "If you want to drive on the freeway, you will have to buy MPAA approved gas or else you will only be able to drive at 30MPH max."

Funny how Jack Abramoff is making all the news and yet Disney, Warner Bros, etc. have been buying legislation that make Abramoff look like he was handing out free lemonade outside of Sunday church...

Too bad the media doesn't look in the mirror for their news, oh wait, that would be fair  :guns:

Who is going to pirate HD contenet peer to peer? It will take forever to get something. Plus uploaders are lazy, I'd say less than 1% of downloadable media is at original quality, all the rest is all resampled...

mhz40

Quote from: Doug MohrWho is going to pirate HD contenet peer to peer?
You might be surprised.  In the age of 6mb/s download speeds (and higher yet in the future), you are nearly half-way there to download them in real-time right now!  Now layer-in mpeg 4 and...

Bebop

Quote from: Doug MohrThank heavens that the MPAA doesn't make cars! "If you want to drive on the freeway, you will have to buy MPAA approved gas or else you will only be able to drive at 30MPH max."

...but if someone steals your car, a hundred lawyers will try to sue the thief and get the car back for you.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

Doug Mohr

Quote from: Bebop...but if someone steals your car, a hundred lawyers will try to sue the thief and get the car back for you.

No, they'll recover the car and then sue you as an accomplice  :bang:

Doug Mohr

Quote from: mhz40You might be surprised.  In the age of 6mb/s download speeds (and higher yet in the future), you are nearly half-way there to download them in real-time right now!  Now layer-in mpeg 4 and...

In order for that to happen, someone has to put it up somewhere. In the age of 7GB DVD movies, it's impossible to find anyone pirating them at full res. 20GB movies available for download in full res will be rarer than witnessing an actual UFO.

The laws should be based on the quality of the download. 320x240 stereo, 480i, 480p with DD5.1 should all carry different fines.

Mark Strube

Erm... there's already hundreds of 10GB+ films in original HD .ts format available for download in newsgroups. With bandwidth ever-increasing, why wouldn't people post up full HD-DVD's?

Unfortunately, our bandwidth is WAY behind here in the United States. Going by what the big communication companies promised when they were originally laying fiber everywhere, we're supposed to have 45mbps download available to everyone in large metro areas RIGHT NOW. But we don't. Hell, Japan and Korea have approximately 100mbps service as the standard.

Maybe if we had such speeds the government computers couldn't keep up. :p