• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Dish Adds New HD Channels

Started by Gregg Lengling, Friday Jan 06, 2006, 10:07:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndrewP

Quote from: russelljI just watched "Charlie Chat" on Dish channel 101 where he talked about the new HD line up and HD locals that would be offered. He showed a map of the markets that would be getting HD locals. There was a dot on the map for each city that would get them. Milwaukee did NOT hat a dot. What gives?

I noticed that too. But Chicago got two dots : 1 big green (as a member of the first group) and then a small blue in the group to follow. I think that an artist just made a mistake.
Also they announced Food Network HD, HGTV HD right from the start (2 quarter),
noticed StarzHD and Encore HD in video ads, but not yet mentioned.
Good deals to upgrade receivers for those who are already leasing HD receivers.
$0.0 to upgrade standard HD 811 ($49.99 if Dish/switch upgrade is needed) to Mpeg4 HD Vip211 and $99.00 (includes Dish/switch upgrade if needed) to go from HD DVR 942 to Mpeg4 HD DVR Vip622.
Also 5-10 new national HD channels this year.
And just checked with my bill. With addition of these 9 new HD channels my bill should actually be $5.00 less. But again, maybe it was just a typo in slide.

gparris

I give DishNetwork credit for at least offering some more channels in HD or whatever you want to call it. Add now, in perhaps some in lower resolution and then boost the balance in higher definition. :)
Add to that, a lease option is being discussed for those cable subs that don't want to buy one...something Directv is not discussing yet.

Directv, according this following article is not adding any HD nationals until 2007 from the way its written and all we get is 4 HD locals with a non-Tivo HD DVR to record them and the 6-channel HD pack along with HBO and SHo HD...yuck! :rolleyes:

http://www.ehomeupgrade.com/entry/1942/ces_day_three