• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TV best buy

Started by joseph, Tuesday Jan 03, 2006, 12:04:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joseph

guys, is it only at //www.pricewatch.com where i'll be able to look for affordable TV?

MoreTorque99

TPK

If you look at monday's list at gotapex (//www.gotapex.com) they list that the Samsung 50 inch DLP (model HLR-5067W) is selling from buy.com for $1800 with free shipping...

Personally, I own last year's model (HLP-5063W) and I LOVE it...  I imagine that the newer models are even better...   The shipping is free and the vendor is reputable...  If I didn't already own one, I would definitely go for this...

There may be better TVs out there, but not close to this price...  And there may be less expensive TVs out there, but not nearly as good as this one will be..   I doubt you will get a better price/quality ratio from any other HD television...

MoreTorque99

I have the HLR-5067W.  It is truly one of the best 720p Microdisplay sets on the market.  I have absolutely no complaints.

Before settling on this set I tried the Sony KDFE42A10 which had disappointing blacks and the Toshiba 46HM95 which was all around CRAP.

TPK

Quote from: josephguys, is it only at //www.pricewatch.com where i'll be able to look for affordable TV?

Some of those vendors that pricewatch quotes I think are probably a little shady....

TPK

Quote from: MoreTorque99I have the HLR-5067W.  It is truly one of the best 720p Microdisplay sets on the market.  I have absolutely no complaints.

Before settling on this set I tried the Sony KDFE42A10 which had disappointing blacks and the Toshiba 46HM95 which was all around CRAP.

Have you tried to use the built in tuner with TWC and a cablecard???  Does it work okay???

Just curious...

MoreTorque99

Quote from: TPKHave you tried to use the built in tuner with TWC and a cablecard???  Does it work okay???

Just curious...

Their tech couldn't get it to work.