News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Splitter Questions: Isolated vs. Regular

Started by MoreTorque99, Tuesday Jan 03, 2006, 06:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoreTorque99

I am trying everything I can to improve the cable signal in my new apartment and came up with a question.  How is an isolation splitter different from a normal one?  

I am currently using this one:
http://www.araccessories.com/Cultures/en-US/Recoton+AR/Product+Catalog.htm?ModelNum=PR431&CatalogNavigationBreadCrumbs=Recoton%20-%20Acoustic%20Research;Premium%20Interconnects;PRO%20II%20Series;Splitters;3-Way%20Video%20Splitter&ProductDetail=YES

but this is one I have discovered:
http://www.impactacoustics.com/product.asp?cat%5Fid=1529&sku=41021
Why is there a red line to the far right output?  Is this a true passthrough?  Would this be better than the acoustic research one I am using?

I am trying to find the best 3 way splitter to feed my apartment.

Thanks in advance!

Den Mayer

TW Cable installed a 3 way unbalanced splitter in my basement.

Works fine....

Unbalanced means 1 strong leg, and 2 weaker legs.....

Item:

PCT  brand

NGNII-3S

GENESYS II

3 way Splitter Unbalanced

Den Mayer

Try No 2:   3 way splitter...

My TW Cable splitter has the exact shape of your

option #2 splitter  (1 In and 3 outs along other side)..

Written Text is different, but shape is 99% same....
       including 2 offset slots & screw....

My 3 way unit made by:

Phoenix Communications Tech

Gilbert, AZ   85233

Ph  1-800-315-2253

Do a GOOGLE on NGNII-3S   & there will be just 1 hit...

Choose the HTML option..   to dump specs & other models

Mark Strube

Here's a cheap way to do the exact same thing... the way I do it-

Incoming line -> 2-way split -> 1 out to item that needs strong source, 1 out to additional 2-way split.

Just be sure you're using good/new cables and you're connecting everything as snug as possible... works like a charm. :)

In my case, I use this technique for both OTA and cable. With OTA the stronger split goes to my PC capture card, the other two go to the HDTV in my room and the HDTV in my mom's room. I also use it for the main incoming cable to the house... one line goes directly to my room, the other goes to a 4-way split for the rest of the house. (I need a stronger signal in my room since I must split it again for cable internet, and who knows how touchy that HD-DVR is.)