• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Price increases for pay TV

Started by bradsmainsite, Sunday Dec 25, 2005, 10:28:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bradsmainsite

Well here we go again another new year and some more hefty increases in our monthly tv bills. :bang:

TWC up $2.00 per month
Dish network $3.00 per month
Directv-didn't here yet but it will be in the $2.00 per month range I'm sure.

Thats a $4-5.00 per month increase in just the last 2 years across the board.

With gas prices and heating bills and food prices, insurance costs and everything else where does it end, and what will next year bring!

At what price will you call it quits with the whole industry $40 $50 $80 per month?

If sports is what drives most of the pricing then why can't they have a package that eliminates them and gives you everything else? :confused:

As for me it is not to far away anymore and they can keep their pay channels :D

Bebop

DirecTV already increased their price few months back.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

bradsmainsite

As far as I know no changes from earlier this spring, but there will be another increase in '06 I would guess probably another $2.00 or so that would change them from $41.99 for total choice to $43.99 and $45.99 for total choice plus to $47.99-$48.99 per month.

Thats about a 6- 10% increase ever year is your pay raises that every year from your employer?

Wake up people :guns:  there should be total outrage hear whats happening is  there no one paying attention to this, or are we just becoming desensitized by all the dish vs cable ploys and not realizing there both screwing us :bang:

And now ABC Monday night football is history, so that ESPN can screw everyone else now who wants to watch it.  I won't be one of them and I hope it falls flat on its face and they go bankrupt maybe then some normalcy shall return! :OnAir: