• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

DVD Essentials

Started by FeedingFrenzy, Monday Dec 19, 2005, 12:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FeedingFrenzy

Does anyone have experience with this DVD?  Suppose to be a calibration tool for your home theater.  Am I wasting my time or is there a better product?

Thx

digdugm

I use Digitial Video Essentials regularly, it works great.

mrmike

Quote from: FeedingFrenzyDoes anyone have experience with this DVD?  Suppose to be a calibration tool for your home theater.  Am I wasting my time or is there a better product?

If you're talking about this DVD, it's not a bad disc.   It's a little complicated for an amateur, and has little to no explanatory text, but it's not bad for the price (usually between 15 and 25).  There are some suplemental guides for it rattling around the net.  

My personal preference is for this product for the novice.  It's a little more tutorial-centred and doesn't make as many assumptions about what you know.  On the down side, it's a bit dated for microdisplay devices and has some patterns that are really only relevant for CRTs.

You might want to poke around here for a while and see if you can get some more insight before you pull the trigger.

-MM

Paul S.

Avia and DVE are two of the best. I would never use ANYTHING less.