• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Divx6.1 for SMP- HT- Dual Processors

Started by ButtonPuncher, Thursday Dec 15, 2005, 12:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ButtonPuncher

In case you guys haven't heard about it yet, check this out...

http://labs.divx.com/archives/000068.html

As of Divx 6.1, it now supports dual processors, dual cores, and HT.  This is awesome news for everyone with HTPCs.   Personally I've been thinking about upgrading my encoding rig.  I was just going to go with a super fast single processor system.  Now I'm planning on saving up for a dual processor dual-core AMD X2 system.  It's gonna rock!!  :rock:   (Something like this.)

BTW, they have also upped the HD encoding bitrate to a maximum of 6Mbps.  Oh yeah.

BP
Going through CRT withdrawal.  Patiently waiting for OLED.

Mark Strube

You couldn't encode higher than 6Mbps before if you wanted to? Strange. :confused:

murdoc

Not to hijack the thread but that's a nice looking board.  Dual PCIx slots is awesome.  I love the AMD X2 processor.  I ended up buying a HP a1250n about 2 months ago.  The price after rebate was too good to pass up.  I upgraded the video card to GeForce 6600 PCIx and added 2 more 528MB strips of ram for a total of 2GB of RAM.  The system just pain flys.  I can be playing Call of Duty 2 in full resolution, and have my virus or spyware scanner running in the background and I don't even get a hickup.  Encoding should be a breeze, though I have not tried yet.