• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

BeyondTV 4 for HDTV

Started by waterhead, Saturday Nov 12, 2005, 08:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waterhead

Snapstream has just released the latest version of BeyondTV for PC based DVR's. It now supports HDTV tuner cards.

Check out the web site:BeyondTV 4

I found the previous version to be the best PVR software around. When I graduated to HD, I was sorry to leave it behind.

I've been offered an upgrade for $29.99, so I'll be checking it out. Windows Media Center and MythTV may be a thing of the past, for me.

Gregg Lengling

Unfortunately it looks like it doesn't support my card.  But then again it doesn't list mine as not being supported.....DOH...I hate that.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

waterhead

I finally got Beyond TV 4 installed and working. I was toying with my MyhTV box and didn't get around to it until now.

Bye the way, you can download a trial version of BTV4 to see if it will work with your card.

I initially had trouble with it using the HD tuner. Following some posts at the BTV forum, I changed the video renderer to 3D Accelerated. If you try it out, you may have to do this.

I recorded the Star Wars movie last night with MythTV and BTV4, just for comparison.  BTV4 records a .tp file, even though I selected .mpeg in the setup. The BTV file is 25GB, and the MythTV file is only 12GB (for 3 hours). When I recorded the Packer game Monday night, MythTV gave me a file that was 25GB (3 1/2 hours), BTV wasn't working correctly at that time.

On live tv, BTV4 looks good on most channels. When watching channel 36HD, there are verticle lines on the image. I doubled the buffer, and this seemed to help. I may need to increase it more.

Hope others try it out, we need more topics here. Complaining about the weather bozos is getting old.