News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

24hr McDonald's? (or other fast/good food?)

Started by Mark Strube, Tuesday Dec 06, 2005, 09:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Strube

Okay, strange random thread time, but I haven't been able to find any info on this online...

I tend to be on a weird schedule half the time. Lately I've been getting up in the late afternoon, going to bed early morning. So, along with this weird schedule, I get hungry in the wee hours of the night. I always used to be able to go to a McD's in Waukesha, near Marcus Westown theater, since they used to have a 24hr drive-thru. Not anymore. Does anyone know of a McD's (or Burger King) with a 24hr drive-thru within a reasonable distance from me? (The other one was about 15min from my area.)

Joseph S

There's not much that's open 24 hours around here. Heck, the Mayfair Mall closes at like noon or some foolish hour on the weekends.

Interested in suggestions too.

Mark Strube

There's always George Webb's, but I'd rather go with almost any fast food over that place.

Joseph S

and while you're at it how about a drive through place that can get ABC HD from Madison or Chicago?  Need to take the laptop and its HDPVR on the road since those Packers are ruin'n this weekend's Grey's Anatomy.

lori

I believe the McDonalds on I94 and Ryan Rd is open 24 hours.

lori

Johnny V's  was voted the best place to eat at 3 am.

It's just south of The Pettit, so that might not be too far for you.

Ralph Kramden

The McDonald's in Oconomowoc on Hwy. 16 is open 24 hours(drive thru).

Mark Strube

Nice... already some great feedback! Keep it coming! :D

I've always thought this would be a great website idea. 24hourfood.com or 24houramerica etc... something of that sort. A site with a searchable database of local 24 hour eats, with comments and star ratings for each one for price, food, atmosphere, etc.

I believe the Pallas restaurant on Hwy 100 in Milwaukee may be open 24 hours. However I generally don't care for Greek food. Also, I think most Denny's and IHOP's are open 24 hours.

Paul S.

Johnny V's kicks ass!

IHOP, Dennys, Webbs, and I think Perkins on hwy 100 and National (or somewhere near that on 100).

Tom Snyder

Pallas isn't just Greek... it's one of those family restaurants with a million menu items.. you can get just about anything there...
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Doug Mohr

Quote from: Mark StrubeThere's always George Webb's, but I'd rather go with almost any fast food over that place.

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

Webb's food rocks!

I have nothing else to contribute to this thread since I go to bed before 10PM  :wave:

Doug

bubbaridesfast

Solid Gold McD's on S. 76th is open 24 hours. Aren't most Taco Bells and Wendy's also open 24hrs.?

Paul S.

Quote from: Doug MohrWHAT?!?!?!?!?!

Webb's food rocks!

I have nothing else to contribute to this thread since I go to bed before 10PM  :wave:

Doug

It does, but its waay over priced. For a buck more at a greek type place of johnny v's, you get more and the food is better. GW is kinda going by the wayside.

Doug Mohr

Quote from: Paul S.It does, but its waay over priced. For a buck more at a greek type place of johnny v's, you get more and the food is better. GW is kinda going by the wayside.

I suppose in the suburbs, the appeal isn't there. The greasy city restaurants, however, are an experience in themselves. Everything gets cooked in butter, the grills are well seasoned from decades of poor cleaning, the people you see there just add to the experience.

Maybe I'm just old-fashoned... maybe its just the atmosphere that makes me think it tatses better.

Doug

kevbeck122

Quote from: bubbaridesfastSolid Gold McD's on S. 76th is open 24 hours. Aren't most Taco Bells and Wendy's also open 24hrs.?

Taco Bells are usually open til 1 or 2AM.. same with Wendy's I think.  Last time I checked, the McD's in Germantown on Hwy Q is open 24hrs... but then again I haven't had fast food for the past month (and I'm trying to keep it that way :D).  I guess that doesn't help much though since it's probably > 15 min. from your house.  Maybe the one on Silver Spring in Menomonee Falls is open 24hrs... don't know though because I don't live on that side of the village.