• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

The top reason Brett Favre won't retire:

Started by Ralph Kramden, Wednesday Nov 30, 2005, 07:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Kramden

MONEY  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, he'll be back to embarass himself again next year.

Tom Snyder

A quarterback relies on his receivers to run their assigned routes. When they don't, the ball goes where the receiver is supposed to be...if the receiver isn't there, a d-back will be. Right now Driver is the only receiver who should be a Packer..the rest of them screw up their routes more often than they get them right.  Ferguson still isn't healthy. Despite the interceptions being caused by a mostly crappy receiver core, Favre still leads the NFC in total Yards... and Driver is #7.

If Favre is being embarassed, he's not embrassing himself. Get him protection and a few NFL quality receivers and he'll keep coming back till he can no longer walk out onto the field.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

mhz40

Quote from: Ralph KramdenMONEY  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The one who should be embarrased to come back is Ted Thompson.  Talk about your invisible man...

Ralph Kramden

Yeah right Tom. NONE of the interceptions were Favre's fault. I also love how the media kisses Favre's butt.

Tom Snyder

I don't believe I said that none were his fault. Every QB throws interceptions, and Favre has always been on the high side. He's thrown a plenty of passes that he shouldn't have this season, and so he leads the league right now in ints. But he's also #4 in the NFL for TD's.

He's not God, but he's also not "embarassing himself."  I think it's fair to say that he's somewhere in between, but certainly much closer to the top than he is to the bottom.
Tom Snyder

mhz40

Quote from: Ralph KramdenYeah right Tom. NONE of the interceptions were Favre's fault. I also love how the media kisses Favre's butt.
I'd say maybe 6 were his fault.  The rest were caused by errant patterns in routes. inpept receivers tipping the ball in the air for the defense to pick-off, or the result of last-minute efforts to attempt to win a close game, rather than lose one by running the ball for 3 yards and a cloud of dust on 3rd and 16.
Contenders at least; in every game this year.  If there is such a thing as 'winning ugly', the Packers certainly have demonstrated an ability to 'lose pretty' in several of the lost games this year.  Several can be slapped on the back of the defense that fails to kill a game-ending drive of the opponent, or missed field goals.
Farve clearly dosen't give a s*** about his numbers.  It's all about the team's W/L record.

Tom Snyder

QuoteFarve clearly dosen't give a s*** about his numbers. It's all about the team's W/L record.

Exactly! Favre plays the game for all the right reasons. And greed ain't one of them.
Tom Snyder

Matt Heebner

Favre has made some really stupid mistakes and decisions this year, but I ask all the Favre haters out there:
Would Brett really have this many interceptions if we had an even mediocre running game ?? I don't think so. Would Favre have this many interceptions if he had  three dependable receivers ? I dont think so.

For someone to say that Favre is "embarassing" himself shows me that they have no understanding of two very simple principals regarding the Packers this season:

1. This team is not very good PERIOD. If anyone did any reading over the off season at all they would have realized this. We are now living with the shortcomings of Mike Sherman as GM. There is a price to be paid for this.

2. How many teams can lose as many starters as the Packers and be even somewhat competitive ? I am talking free agency and injury. I know every team has to deal with injury but COME ON...this is boardering on rediculous.

If you think Favre is gready...then you are totally clue-less. Favre has restructered is contract how may times to free up money under the cap ??????

Matt

Paul S.

Quote from: Ralph Kramden;30341MONEY  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about feeling stupid, eh?

Todd Wiedemann

Quote from: Paul S.;41179Talk about feeling stupid, eh?

Holy callback, Paul !!

:D

Mikey

Quote from: Paul S.;41179Talk about feeling stupid, eh?

:rof:

Too f'n funny.

Paul S.

Kirk Rocker said it best- "I tell the truth, man!"