• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Monster Music: Even for the Monster Cable haters

Started by MoreTorque99, Sunday Oct 16, 2005, 11:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoreTorque99

I had a chance to listen to the 3 Doors Down Monster Music concert and let me say, it was flat out amazing.  It was played through a Yamaha HTR-5980 recever with JBL northridge series speakers so it wasn't the system making it sound good.  I can't wait to hear it on my Harman Kardon as I have never been a fan of Yamaha receivers.

I've been at four 3 Doors Down Concerts and it sounded exactly like I was in the crowd.  I really wish all of my music had a sound like this.

I ordered my own copy tonight and cant wait to get it.  I haven't been this excited about getting something in the mail in years.

Has anyone else had the chance to listen to this disc?  Even if you don't like the music, the listening experience is awesome.

I encourage anyone with a surround sound system to try these discs.

http://www.monstermusic.com/
  :rock:
Monster finally did something right.  :rock:   :rock:   :rock:

gb4fan92

So do you need a special receiver for this or does it work on any sound surround system? The web site doesn't say, or I just couldn''t find it.  :guitar:
This sounds interesting.

kevbeck122

I think they're just DVDs encoded in DTS/DD.  Similar concept as SACDs or DVD-A maybe?

MoreTorque99

Well I got my DVD about a week ago and finally had the chance to demo it today...

Flat out amazing!  I am running the following equipment:
Samsung HLR-5067W
Harman Kardon AVR-430
LG LDA-511 HD Upconvert DVD Player
Fluance SX-HTB 5 Speaker Surround

First let me say that it is the best looking DVD I have ever seen.  This is the closest to true HD that I have seen a DVD get.  Very, very impressive!

The audio on the disc is even more impressive than the picture quality.  It has Dolby Surround, Dolby Digital, DTS, and Stereo tracks on the disc.  The highlight of the disc is the DTS.  It really makes me love my Harman Kardon more than I already do.  If I close my eyes while standing in the center of the room, it creates the sense that I am there.  The speakers I have really aren't anything special, but they sure do sound great with this disc.  I can tell I am missing a detail, but I am still very happy with the sound.  Klipsch speakers are next.

Listening to CD's now is like listening to AM radio.  I really hope Monster Music takes off.